Recipe by Marie
If you have not tried fire roasted tomatoes, you are really missing out. In my opinion, the roasting brings out the sweetness of the tomatoes and it is much less acidic. This recipe makes enough for about 3/4 to 1 pound of pasta. A wonderful tasty meal in 30 minutes.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (14 ounce) canfire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 lb Italian sausage, removed from casings
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can water
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute garlic and onion lightly in olive oil.
- Remove from pan and place in blender with tomatoes; blend and set aside.
- In same pan as onion mixture was cooked, crumble and saute Italian sausage til browned.
- Add tomato mixture and 8oz can of sauce and water to pan.
- Salt and pepper to taste and add chopped basil.
- Simmer for 30 minutes; add to pasta and enjoy!
- Note: Be careful how much salt you add - the sausage is salty also.