Realtor by day, Chef by night's Note:
This is a great all-purpose salsa. It's especially good with red meats. It's not real hot. You could make it hotter by using different peppers but I like this just the way it is.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat a tablespoon of oil in a saute pan over medium heat until lightly smoking, add the onion and saute until carmelized, about 10 minutes or so.
- 2Transfer the onion, half the blackened tomatoes and garlic to a food processor and pulse until finely chopped but not pureed. Add the cilantro and chipotle chiles and pulse again to mix.
- 3Peel, seed and chop the remaining tomatoes tomatoes and fold in along with the remaining oil, vinegar, salt and sugar.
- 4Serve chilled or at room temp with chips, red meat or chicken.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fire-Roasted Tomato Chipotle Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (1132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 828.2
- Calories from Fat 625
- Total Fat 69.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7035.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.2 g
- Sugars 30.5 g
- Protein 9.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo