Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
If you have ever had Carabba's new fire roasted tomato soup, this recipe is exactly what you are looking for. This soup is not only delicious but simple to make.
- In a heavy pot on medium high heat, pour in the olive oil and throw in the onion until translucent.
- Add the chopped garlic and heat with the onion for about four minutes.
- Next, add the cans of fire roasted tomatoes including the juice to the pan and cover for about 15 minute **Make sure you stir your mixture every few minutes**.
- With the lid off the pan, add the chicken broth and heavy whipping cream and bring the pot to a simmer. The mixture should start to thicken as it reduces. This should take about 10 minute You want the soup to be somewhat thicken but not soupy. If your soup is a bit thin, let it simmer a bit longer while occasionally stirring.
- When it comes to the right consistency, add the fresh basil (reserve some for a garnish) and season to taste with the salt and pepper. Lower your heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Now it's time to get out your blender.
- With a ladel, place the soup mixture in the blender and puree until smooth. You can do this in batches as well. Please use caution when handling the mixture and blender as it could burn your hand as you press down on the lid. I suggest using a small kitchen towel to prevent this.
- After the soup is smooth, pour the soup back into the original pan and check for consistency.
- Serve with a small sprinkle of the reserved bail as a garnish.
- Excellent with crusted bread or toasted crostinis.