Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5FIX. Love Mexican stuffed peppers
Make and share this Fire Roasted Stuffed Poblano Peppers #SP5 recipe from Food.com.
- 6 -8 poblano peppers
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (20 ounce) bag Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 16 ounces chorizo sausage (Mexican sausage.)
- Roast poblanos over open flame. Put peppers in plastic bag and let peppers steam about 10 minutes.
- Remove charred skin, slit peppers and remove veins and seeds. Set aside.
- Grill Chorrizo in pan, breaking it up as it cooks. When almost ready, remove chorrizo and then add the potatoes to chorrizo lard. Coat potatoes and and cook until lightly brown, add chorrizo and mix together.Add a cup enchilada sauce, lower temperature, cover and cook about 10 minutes till potatoes are done.
- Fill poblanos with potato mixture and set in a baking dish. Pour rest of enchilada sauce at bottom of dish and top poblanos with the cheese.
- Bake in oven at 325 degrees for about 20 minutes until cheese melted.