Recipe by cervantesbrandi
This salsa goes well with anything, but especially tacos, burritos, and on eggs!
- 8 roma tomatoes
- 4 serrano chilies
- 4 jalapenos
- 1⁄4 small white onion
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro (tightly packed)
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the tomatoes, serranos, and jalapenos on a well oiled baking sheet. Broil in the oven for 6 minutes on each side until charred on all sides.
- In a food processor, mince the onions and the cilantro until chopped really fine. Set aside.
- Once the tomatoes and chilies are charred place them in a blender with 2 cups of water and blend. (You may have to separate this into 2 batches).
- Place the blended tomatoes and chilies in a sauce pan and bring them to a boil. Add the vinegar and cumin to the salsa.
- Continue boiling the salsa for about 5 minutes or until reduced by 1/4. Take the salsa off of the heat and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Stir the cilantro and onion into the salsa and season with salt to taste. The salsa will stay fresh for 2 weeks if refrigerated in an air tight container.