Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I thought this was an interesting salsa recipe which was given out at the grocery store.
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 onion, cut into thick slices
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and quartered
- 1 chipotle pepper, canned
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce (from the can of the chipotle peppers)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- Prepare grill and then cook tomatoes, onion and bell pepper over medium high heat for 5-10 minutes or until charred.
- Remove from heat and place charred vegetables along with the garlic, chipotle pepper and adobo sauce in a blender (or food processor) and blend until smooth.
- Stir in cilantro, lime juice, salt and sugar. Pour into jar and refrigerate at least one hour before serving.
Loved it! Great with fajitas, and easy.
mediocre taste, too much work for the results-might be a decent pasta sauce, but not a salsa!!!