- 3 tomatoes
- 1 onion, cut into thick slices
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and quartered
- 1 chipotle pepper, canned
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce (from the can of the chipotle peppers)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare grill and then cook tomatoes, onion and bell pepper over medium high heat for 5-10 minutes or until charred.
- Remove from heat and place charred vegetables along with the garlic, chipotle pepper and adobo sauce in a blender (or food processor) and blend until smooth.
- Stir in cilantro, lime juice, salt and sugar. Pour into jar and refrigerate at least one hour before serving.