Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this recipe out of a 1960's magazine and I have to say it sounds interesting. I have not tried it but I think I may this winter. Sounds great for celebrations.
- 1 quart boiling water
- 4 tablespoons black tea or 12 tea bags
- 2 bottles red wine
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 5 whole cloves
- 2 lemons, juice and rind of
- cone of pressed sugar
- 2 cups rum
- Pour boiling water over the tea and steep 5 minutes; strain.
- Heat wine and add tea, cinnamon, cloves lemon peel and juice.
- Set sugar cone on holder, soak with rum and flam.
- Pour remainder of rum slowly over sugar and serve.