Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Everyone cooks their own shrimp, steak and veggies at the table then dip in sauce. The cook time does not reflect how long it would take to cook and eat at the table. If desired additional sauces or different veggies can be provided for variety, use your imagination...
- 6 -8 cups chicken broth (if using canned dilute according to instructions, quantity depends on the size of your fire or fondu)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional, more if you like)
- 1 lb shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 lbs lean steak, fat removed and cut in paper thin slices
- 2 pieces bean curd, 3 inches square,diced (optional)
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 lb fresh spinach, cut in bite-size pieces
- 1 lb Chinese cabbage, cut in bite-size pieces
- 2 ounces bean thread noodles
- 3 cups hot water
- 6 tablespoons sriracha sauce
- 9 tablespoons soy sauce
- 6 green onions, chopped in 1 inch lengths
- Butterfly the shrimp.
- Arrange it and the steak on a platter.
- Place the bean curd, spinach and chinese cabbage on small platters.
- Cover the bean thread noodles in 3 cups hot water and let soak for 15 minutes.
- Drain thoroughly and arrange on a platter.
- Alternatively you can give everyone a bowl of rice.
- Mix sha cha sauce and soy sauce and pour evenly into six small bowls (one for each person).
- Bring chicken broth to a boil, add crushed red peppers, green onion and tomato.
- Cook briefly until boiling and transfer to a fire pot or a fondue pot in the serving location.
- Heat until boiling again, then reduce to a medium simmer.
- Place all the platters around the fire pot or fondue.
- Each person cooks their meat, shrimp, veggies, etc by using a fondue fork or chopsticks and cooking in the simmering broth until done.
- They then dip the items into their bowl of sauce and enjoy.
An eighth of a teaspoon in 6-8 cups of broth and 3 cups of water? C'mon...