Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Spicy and ADDICTING. I substitute Cheeze-Its for the oyster crackers and mixed nuts for the honey-roasted peanuts. I also use sun flower seed kernels -- I was never sure about the pumpkin seeds.
- 2 cups corn chips
- 2 cups small pretzels
- 2 cups oyster crackers
- 2 cups honey-roasted peanuts
- 2 cups pumpkin seeds
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Heat oven to 275.
- In large bowl, combine corn chips, pretzel twists, oyster crackers, peanuts and pumpkin seeds.
- In small bowl, mix all remaining ingredients. Pour over corn chip mixture; toss to coat.
- Place on 2 ungreased 15x10x1 inch baking pans. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until peanuts are golden brown, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool 30 minutes or more. Mixture crisps as it cools.
This is fantastic and now a staple at our parties! I followed your subs and added sunflower seeds and Cheezits and they worked out beautifully. I like a little more if a kick, so I added 2 Tbs of ancho chili powder instead of 1tsp. of chili powder. Thanks for posting!!