Recipe by Bobbie
Spicy and ADDICTING. I substitute Cheeze-Its for the oyster crackers and mixed nuts for the honey-roasted peanuts. I also use sun flower seed kernels -- I was never sure about the pumpkin seeds.
Top Review by onesweetworldpa
This is fantastic and now a staple at our parties! I followed your subs and added sunflower seeds and Cheezits and they worked out beautifully. I like a little more if a kick, so I added 2 Tbs of ancho chili powder instead of 1tsp. of chili powder. Thanks for posting!!
- 2 cups corn chips
- 2 cups small pretzels
- 2 cups oyster crackers
- 2 cups honey-roasted peanuts
- 2 cups pumpkin seeds
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 275.
- In large bowl, combine corn chips, pretzel twists, oyster crackers, peanuts and pumpkin seeds.
- In small bowl, mix all remaining ingredients. Pour over corn chip mixture; toss to coat.
- Place on 2 ungreased 15x10x1 inch baking pans. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until peanuts are golden brown, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool 30 minutes or more. Mixture crisps as it cools.