Prep 19 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great as a summer bounty recipe, green beans,squash,herbs and tomatoes and other garden veggies.This was my brother's favorite pasta dish, great times and good food served on Fire Island.The crunch of fresh green beans and yummy melted cheese brings this easy veggie dish to life. Feel free to use any "in season" veggies like squash,eggplant, etc. Adding the cheese to the HOT veggies and pasta makes this dish a creamy delight. As reviewed... one chef used grilled veggies... what a great idea!!!!
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml dried oregano
- 14.79 ml dried basil
- 118.29 ml mushroom (chopped- fresh or canned)
- 236.59 ml green beans (fresh or slightly cooked in micoven)
- 4 roma tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 zucchini (small and sliced)
- 59.14 ml white wine
- 59.14 ml parmigiano-reggiano cheese (chubed or shredded)
- 118.29 ml mozzarella cheese (cubed)
- 59.14 ml fresh basil (chopped)
- 226.79 g pasta (zittie or shells)
- 56.69 g white wine
- pecorino romano cheese or parmigiano-reggiano cheese, as garnish
- Cook pasta (zittie,shells or your favorite in a large saucepan of water), drain and set aside.
- Saute onions, garlic, oregano, basil and mushrooms in olive oil.
- At the same time heat green beans and zucchini in micro wave for about 2 minutes, don't allow to overcook.
- Add green beans, zucchini and Roma tomatoes to onion mixture and heat through, then add about 1/4 cup white wine, cook another 2 minutes.
- In a large serving bowl, toss Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and mozzarella cheese into hot vegetables and immediately toss in hot pasta and fresh basil.
- Pass the Parmigiano Reggiano or Pecorino Romano Cheese.
I halved the recipe, but increased the quantity of mushrooms. I also cut my zucchini into half moon slices . I did add a little salt and pepper! Great recipe....I think I may increase the ratio of veggies to pasta next time just to decrease the carbs. Can't wait to try this with other combinations of veggies. Thanks for posting another winner!
I made this dish over the weekend and it was so good. So many of my favorite flavors in one dish. Instead of the green beans I used asparagus. I will make this one again.
This was really good! We used penne pasta and all ingredients listed. The melted cheese is so yummy wrapped around and thru the veggies. Great flavor and simple to make. Thanks for sharing the recipe. :)