1/2 Photos of Fire Island Veggie Pasta
Great as a summer bounty recipe, green beans,squash,herbs and tomatoes and other garden veggies.This was my brother's favorite pasta dish, great times and good food served on Fire Island.The crunch of fresh green beans and yummy melted cheese brings this easy veggie dish to life. Feel free to use any "in season" veggies like squash,eggplant, etc. Adding the cheese to the HOT veggies and pasta makes this dish a creamy delight. As reviewed... one chef used grilled veggies... what a great idea!!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 cup mushroom (chopped- fresh or canned)
- 1 cup green beans (fresh or slightly cooked in micoven)
- 4 roma tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 zucchini (small and sliced)
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese (chubed or shredded)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese (cubed)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil (chopped)
- 8 ounces pasta (zittie or shells)
- 2 ounces white wine
- pecorino romano cheese or parmigiano-reggiano cheese, as garnish
- 1Cook pasta (zittie,shells or your favorite in a large saucepan of water), drain and set aside.
- 2Saute onions, garlic, oregano, basil and mushrooms in olive oil.
- 3At the same time heat green beans and zucchini in micro wave for about 2 minutes, don't allow to overcook.
- 4Add green beans, zucchini and Roma tomatoes to onion mixture and heat through, then add about 1/4 cup white wine, cook another 2 minutes.
- 5In a large serving bowl, toss Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and mozzarella cheese into hot vegetables and immediately toss in hot pasta and fresh basil.
- 6Pass the Parmigiano Reggiano or Pecorino Romano Cheese.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fire Island Veggie Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (352 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 478.0
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 14.6 mg
- Sodium 193.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 15.6 g