Recipe by Sassy in da South
Cooking time is actually fridge chill time. You can leave out the pepper sauce if you dont want it to be so spicy. Quick and easy to make. Allow time for 2 hour fridge time.
- 4 medium tomatoes, each cut into eight wedges
- 1 medium green pepper, julienne cut
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon salt
- hot pepper sauce, to taste (optional)
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, green pepper, jalapeno pepper, and sliced onion; set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine vinegar, sugar, mustard and celery seed, horseradish, salt, and hot pepper sauce, if using; bring to a boil; boil for 1 minute.
- Pour over vegetables.
- Let stand until mixture comes to room temperature, then stir in sliced cucumbers. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Drain just before serving.