Recipe by reya doucette
I found this one on the net by Larry Haftl. Sambal is to Indonesian cuisine what salsa is to Mexican cooking: a fiery hot condiment served at every meal. I have used Habanaro peppers instead of the Indonesian dried chillies and it is 'inferno' hot
- 1 lb habanero pepper (very very hot)
- 12 garlic cloves
- 1 large diced onion
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- You can omit the sugar if you do not like sweet.
- Bring all ingredients to a boil, lower heat and simmer to half the consistency, 20 minutes, stirring to prevent burning at bottom of pan.
- Cool and liquefy the cooled above in blender.
- Serve at room temperature.