Prep 1 hr 18 mins
Cook 12 mins
A sweet, spicy salmon dish. Great for any time you BBQ.
- 4 salmon steaks, 1 1/2 inches thick
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup prepared Dijon mustard or 1⁄4 cup yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons hot chili paste
- In glass baking dish place salmon in single layer mix wine and lemon juice together and pour over salmon. Lay rosemary sprigs across the top of salmon and cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour, turning salmon over after 30 minutes.
- In a saucepan, combine honey, mustard and chili paste to taste. Heat to bubbling, continually stirring and then set aside.
- Prepare BBQ grill, charcoal preferred. Coals to medium hot heat.
- Oil grill to reduce sticking.
- Place rosemary sprigs from marinade on grill and place salmon steaks on rosemary sprigs.
- Baste the top of salmon with glaze.
- Using tongs turn after approx 3 minutes and coat with glaze liberally. Continue cooking, flipping approx every 3 minutes and glazing until skin starts to pull away from the meat. Approx 10-12 minutes total cook time.
- This should leave a moist pink center and slightly drier edges with carmelized glaze.
- Serve with a wedge of lemon, fresh grilled vegetables and steamed rice.