Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From the "friends" cookbook "cooking with friends" thank heavens for fire escapes and balconies like the one off Monica's apartment
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper, stemmed and minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 flank steak, about 2 pounds trimmed of fat
- Whisk oil, lime juice, garlic, cumin, chili powder, jalapenos, and cilantro together in a small bowl.
- Pace the meat in a zip lock bag pour the marinade over the meat cover and refrigerate for at least one hour but I do it over night.
- Light the grill.
- Generously sprinkle both sides of the steak with salt to taste.
- Scrape the hot grill surface clean.
- Grill the steak, turning once, until done the way you like it, 8 to 10 minutes for medium rare.
- Transfer steak to platter and carve, cutting meat into thin slices across the grain.
This is a great recipe; thank you for posting. It was quick and easy to put together and my DH and I really enjoyed the flavor and subtle heat (I used two jalapeno peppers) that it gave the steak.
This was excellent. A very good recipe. I made no changes.
This is a wonderful recipe. Great flavor combination. We allowed to marinate about 4 hours and loved it. Would be fabulous in fajita's.