Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Very good snack cracker - steak seasoning is very good to use as the spice
- 40 fat-free saltine crackers (1 sleeve)
- 2 teaspoons spicy seasoning
- crushed red pepper flakes
- 10 ounces extra-sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Arrange crackers in rows in a 15-by-10-inch jellyroll pan so that crackers are touching each other.
- Sprinkle seasoning over crackers.
- Sprinkle with pepper flakes.
- Top evenly with cheese.
- Place pan on center shelf of oven.
- Close door and turn off oven.
- Leave in oven at least 4 hours.
- It's OK to leave it overnight, but take it out first thing in the morning.
- Break apart.
- They keep for several weeks stored in an airtight container.