- Carla -'s Note:
A favorite remedy for cold and flu. Effective, easy to make and tasty, though not for the weak of heart. Make a batch before the cold season starts. This recipe is out of Rosemary Gladstar's book "Herbs for the Home Medicine Chest" - A must have book for any herb lover!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a glass or stainless steel sauce pan heat vinegar on the stove to where it is warm, but not boiling.
- 2Fill a clean glass jar with horseradish, onion, garlic, turmeric, and a pinch or two of Cayenne pepper.
- 3Pour in the warmed vinegar and cap with an acid-proof lid.
- 4Store in a warm place 3 to 4 weeks; shaking a few times a week.
- 5Strain mixture and add enough honey to suit your taste.
- 6Rebottle fire cider and refrigerate.
- 7At the first sign of a cold take 1 to 2 tablespoons every 2 to 3 hours until your symptoms subside.
You Might Also Like...View All Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fire Cider ( Remedy for Cold & Flu )
Serving Size: 1 (1502 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 278.9
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 12.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 56.9 g
- Protein 1.4 g