Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A favorite remedy for cold and flu. Effective, easy to make and tasty, though not for the weak of heart. Make a batch before the cold season starts. This recipe is out of Rosemary Gladstar's book "Herbs for the Home Medicine Chest" - A must have book for any herb lover!
- In a glass or stainless steel sauce pan heat vinegar on the stove to where it is warm, but not boiling.
- Fill a clean glass jar with horseradish, onion, garlic, turmeric, and a pinch or two of Cayenne pepper.
- Pour in the warmed vinegar and cap with an acid-proof lid.
- Store in a warm place 3 to 4 weeks; shaking a few times a week.
- Strain mixture and add enough honey to suit your taste.
- Rebottle fire cider and refrigerate.
- At the first sign of a cold take 1 to 2 tablespoons every 2 to 3 hours until your symptoms subside.