Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 2 fresh bananas, firm
- 1 cup cream, fresh and whipped
- 2 tablespoons Amarula cream liqueur
- 8 ounces dark baking chocolate
- 8 ounces walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup honey
- Heat up the bar-b-que grill.
- Whip the cream until stiff peaks are formed.
- Fold the Amarula Liqueur into the mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Over medium coals place the bananas, still in peel, onto the grill.
- Heat bananas until the peel turns black.
- Remove the bananas from the grill and split the skin of the banana open.
- In a saucepan, melt the chocolate over medium heat.
- Once melted, add the walnuts and honey stirring constantly.
- Pour chocolate sauce over bananas and top with whipped cream mixture.
Good combination of flavors! I think the proportions need to be modified a bit on this recipe. We used only 1/2 cup of honey for 10 ounces of dark chocolate and that was quite enough to sweeten it. Also, we only used 5 ounces of walnuts. We had more than enough sauce for the three of us-- and we are confessed chocoholics. Thanks for sharing! Prepared for ZWT4.
This is a good dessert. I didn't use the honey because with the liquor and the chocolate I thought it had enough. Unique way to have bananas, great texture to them when they are put on the bbq. I had plenty of sauce leftover to use again. Made for ZWT 4.