Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Hehehe... I love Halloween!
- 2 cups wild rice
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Rinse the wild rice well and drain. Melt 4 tablespoons butter in a large heavy saucepan and saute the onion for several minutes until soft.
- Add the dried cranberries and rice and mix well.
- Add the chicken stock and salt. Bring to a simmer, cover, and continue to cook over very low heat, checking occasionally, for 45 minutes or until the rice is cooked. Add additional broth if needed.
- Add parsley to the cooked rice. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
This recipe is refreshingly different and looks interesting. Good idea for a halloween side dish to go with meat. I didn't really love the taste of the wild rice (first time i tried it), but thats my personal taste. Worth a try for halloween.