Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
A great halloween side dish
- 2 cups wild rice
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- Rinse the wild rice well and drain.
- Melt 4 tablespoons butter in a large heavy saucepan and saute the onion for several minutes until soft.
- Add the dried cranberries and rice and mix well.
- Add the chicken stock and salt.
- Bring to a simmer, cover, and continue to cook over very low heat, checking occasionally, for 45 minutes or until the rice is cooked.
- Add additional broth if needed.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a medium pan and saute the grapes until warm and fragrant.
- Add grapes and parsley to the cooked rice.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.