Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love cucumbers/onions/vinegar just for nibbling, but the tomatoes are great added in the summer and it makes a pretty combo in a glass bowl!
- 6 medium tomatoes, quartered and peeled
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, cut in strips
- 1 large cucumber, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup cider vinegar (I use white)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 5 teaspoons sugar (heck just sweeten to taste!)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper (never use it!)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Combine veggies in a bowl.
- In saucepan bring to boil vinegar, water, sugar, celery salt, salt, peppers.
- Pour over veggies and chill at least 8 hours.
This salad is excellent> I rated it a 4 star because there is a similar recipe (with 30,000 recipes no wonder) recipe#28767 by Izzy Knight and she has added some drops of hot sauce and Jalapeno peppers and I liked that added touch. I am not discounting yours it is very good too I just love a bit of hot, Thanks for the recipe
Love this salad! Been making it for years and everyone wants the recipe. Glad to see it here on Zaar.