Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 mins
Easy appetizer once you've mastered the trick of opening the oysters! I love oysters hot off the grill and the sauce in this is perfect on them. I got this recipe from the Weber website.
- Prepare the sauce by whisking together all ingredients except for the oysters; cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes, or until ready to serve.
- Rinse and scrub the oysters with a stiff brush.
- To open them, on a folded kitchen towel, grip the oyster flat side up with another kitchen towel protecting your hand.
- Find the small opening between the shells near the hinge and pry open with an oyster knife.
- Try to keep the juices in the shell.
- Loosen the oyster from the shell by running the oyster knife carefully underneath the body.
- Discard the top, flatter shell, keeping the oyster in the bottom, deeper shell.
- Grill the oysters, shell side down, over direct high heat until the juices around the oysters boil and almost completely evaporate, 2-4 minutes.
- Using tongs, carefully remove the oysters from the grill.
- Spoon a small dollop of sauce on top of each oyster and serve with cocktail forks while oysters are hot.
Yummo thanks for sharing! I didn't have any sour cream so used thickened cream which tasted great although made it a little runnier than it would have been with sour cream. I was doing a smaller quantity of oysters but used the left over as a dip for some battered prawns and it was great with them as well.