Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
An easy and interesting pickle mix. Great for low-carb diets if you go the sugarfree/splenda route.
Make and share this Fire and Ice Marinickles (No Canning Marinated Pickles) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (12 ounce) jarsliced bread and butter pickles (regular or sugar-free)
- 1 cup sliced pickled jalapeno pepper, with brine
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup sugar or 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup Splenda granular
- Drain jalapeno and pickle brines into a saucepan.
- Stir in your sugar or Splenda.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Pour hot brine over sliced pickles and jalapenos in a heat-safe bowl.
- Allow mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Stir pickles until they are well mixed with the sweet pickles and pack into jars.
- Cover with sweetened brine.
- Refrigerate about 1 week, then serve as desired.
I made these for the Photo Forums *Moan and Groan for Comfort Food* event. They are very easy to put together. These pickles are nice and crisp. Very hot but enjoyable. They make a great addition to sandwiches.