Recipe by KelBel
This scarlet soup, heated with ginger and ground red pepper, is great for cold sufferers. You can serve it steaming hot or ice cold. From Healthy Cooking for Two.
- 1 cup diced tomatoes with juice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 3 slices fresh ginger, quarter size
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 cup orange juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In heavy saucepan, combine tomatoes, onions, ginger, orange zest and pepper.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, reduce to lover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Allow mixture to cool at room temperature and puree in blender.
- Pour into glass container and add orange juice.
- Cover and chill for 2 hours to blend flavors.
- Serve hot or cold.