Recipe by dicentra
Insalata di Fiori con Carciofi e Gamberi. From the Barilla website. It must be the kid in me, but I love fiori (flower-shaped) pasta!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 large red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary (may substitute 1/4 tsp. dried rosemary)
- 3⁄4 lb shrimp, peeled deveined
- 16 ounces pasta (Fiori)
- marinated artichoke hearts, with liquid
- 1 cup cubed smoked mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- HEAT oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add peppers, onion, garlic and rosemary; sauté 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- ADD shrimp; continue cooking 3 minutes or until shrimp is cooked, stirring frequently.
- COOK Fiori according to package directions; drain and return to pot.
- ADD shrimp mixture, artichokes with reserved liquid, and cheeses to hot Fiori; toss.
- Transfer to serving bowl. May be served hot or cold.