Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Traditional Swedish breakfast "cookie"
- 1 cup sweet butter, softened
- 1⁄3 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 egg yolk, reserved and beaten
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Mix first 6 ingredients well.
- Roll out flat to 1/8" thick, then roll lengthwise into 1/4" rope.
- Cut in 1" sections.
- Dip tops in beaten egg white, then sugar and almonds.
- Place parchment paper on baking sheet before baking the cookies.
- Bake in slow oven until light brown, usually around 45 minutes.