The Grana Padano can be substituted with Parmesan if you want. From "La Cucina" magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 medium fennel bulbs, trimmed but leaving the root end intact
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 ounces grana padano (1/2 cup) or 1 1/2 ounces parmesan cheese, coarsely grated (1/2 cup)
- fresh parsley, grated for garnish
- 1Cut fennel bulb lengthwise into eighths; arrange in a wide pot with a lid.
- 2Add butter, shallot, parsley, and salt; cover, and cook over medium low heat until tender, turning occasionally, about 30 minutes.
- 3Sprinkle the fennel with grated cheese and continue cooking, covered, until the cheese melts, about 2 or 3 minutes more.
- 4Garnish with additional parsley, and serve warm.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Finocchi Arrostiti E Grana Padano
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 160.3
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 239.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: