Recipe by CaliforniaJan
In researching recipes for ZWT #6's trip to Scandinavia I found this delicious sounding bundt cake.
Top Review by waynejohn1234
The combination of orange and chocolate in this marble type cake is what caught my attention - just love those flavors together. Suggest you use butter and cream with sugar (adding sugar gradually to the butter) until like whipped cream. Other than the above it is a delightful pound cake.
- 1 cup margarine or 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- zest and juice of one orange
- 2 tablespoons dark cocoa
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Grease and flour a bundt pan.
- Beat butter and sugar together until creamy.
- Sift together flour and baking powder.
- Alternatively, add eggs and flour to the batter until all are combined.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Place 1/3 of cake batter into separate mixing bowl; stir in cocoa and juice of 1/2 orange.
- In original bowl, stir in all of orange zest and juice of remaining 1/2 orange.
- Spread 1/3 of orange batter evenly in bottom of bundt pan.
- Gently dribble half of chocolate batter on top with a spoon or frosting bag.
- Repeat layers, ending with orange batter on top.
- Bake on center rack of oven for 1 hour or until cake tests done.