Recipe by Charlotte J
Posted for Zaar World Tour II, 2006
Top Review by Montana Heart Song
This is very good! I use whole black peppercorns,ground allspice,sub parsely for cilantro. I now use my crockpot.This is an old recipe. I like to soak by beef round cubes in coffee and lemon juice for awhile to tenderize. Then I drain. Thanks for posting!
- 1 lb lean lamb shoulder
- 1 lb lean pork shoulder
- 1 lb lean beef round
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon whole white peppercorns
- 6 large white onions, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Cut the meat into 1-inch cubes.
- In an enamelled, cast-iron pot or other deep oven proof casserole, layer the meat, salt, allspice, white peppercorns, and onion.
- Cover lightly.
- Bake for 5 hours, or until the meat is very tender.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley and serve over mashed potatoes or mashed potatoes and rutabagas.