"Soup is good food" I found this for the World Tour. Serve this with freshly-baked Finnish Rye Bread and some cheese for a nice lunch.
- 2 cups water
- 2 small carrots, sliced
- 1 medium potato, cubed
- 3⁄4 cup fresh green peas or 3⁄4 cup frozen green pea
- 1 cup cut fresh green beans or 1 cup frozen green beans
- 1⁄4 small cauliflower, separated into florets
- 2 ounces fresh spinach, cut up (2 cups)
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons snipped dill weed or 2 tablespoons parsley
- Heat water, carrots, potato, peas, beans and cauliflower to boiling in 3-quart saucepan; reduce heat. Cover and simmer until vegetables are almost tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add spinach; cook uncovered about 1 minute. Mix 1/4 cup of the milk and the flour; stir gradually into vegetable mixture. Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Stir in remaining milk, the whipping cream, salt and pepper. Heat just until hot. Garnish each serving with dill weed.
This worked well both for my BF and me. Fresh dill put it over the top. We used low-fat milk and light cream. Instead of 1 cup milk we subbed 1 cup broth. BF ate some leftovers, a sure sign of a great recipe!
I just made this. It's great! I am not a soup person, normall, but I do love anything creamy ;-) I actually thought the soup might be boring and bland. I'm glad I was wrong! I followed the recipe exactly, with the exception of the cauliflower. I left that out. I'm eating it with ciabata dinner rolls.
I loved all of the veggies in this soup! Overall, I thought the soup was good. I thought it needed some more flavor, though. I'm sure the addition of some more herbs would help me to like it better. I really loved the spinach addition. Thanks for posting. Made for the Soup-A-Stars during ZWT9