Recipe by Elmotoo
"Soup is good food" I found this for the World Tour. Serve this with freshly-baked Finnish Rye Bread and some cheese for a nice lunch.
Top Review by Kumquat the Cat's friend
This worked well both for my BF and me. Fresh dill put it over the top. We used low-fat milk and light cream. Instead of 1 cup milk we subbed 1 cup broth. BF ate some leftovers, a sure sign of a great recipe!
- 2 cups water
- 2 small carrots, sliced
- 1 medium potato, cubed
- 3⁄4 cup fresh green peas or 3⁄4 cup frozen green pea
- 1 cup cut fresh green beans or 1 cup frozen green beans
- 1⁄4 small cauliflower, separated into florets
- 2 ounces fresh spinach, cut up (2 cups)
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons snipped dill weed or 2 tablespoons parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat water, carrots, potato, peas, beans and cauliflower to boiling in 3-quart saucepan; reduce heat. Cover and simmer until vegetables are almost tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add spinach; cook uncovered about 1 minute. Mix 1/4 cup of the milk and the flour; stir gradually into vegetable mixture. Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Stir in remaining milk, the whipping cream, salt and pepper. Heat just until hot. Garnish each serving with dill weed.