Recipe by Pepper Monkey
Best made with the very freshest veggies that you can find.
Top Review by Nana Lee
I love soups and this is now among my favorites. I was going to cut the recipe in half but I'm glad I didn't! All those wonderful fresh veggies, yummy. I did use beef broth instead of veggie broth. But I doubt it changed the flavor that much. Thank you, Blink. Lee
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 5 small potatoes, peeled and halved
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 green onions, cut into 3 inch lengths
- 12 baby carrots
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh green beans, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 2 cups fresh shelled green peas
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat stock to boiling in a medium pot; add potatoes. Reduce to a Simmer until potatoes are soft, about 20 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, butter, onions, carrots and green beans; simmer until tender then add peas. If you can't find fresh peas, frozen works just fine.
- In a small bowl, stir together half-and-half and flour until smooth; stir into the simmering vegetables slowly.
- Cook, stirring constantly until the soup is slightly thickened. Serve immediately.