1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 20 mins
I'm posting this for ZWT3. I've not made it but it seems a nice preparation of rutabagas or swedes as some of you call them. This is from Florence Schwartz's "Vegetable Cooking of all Nations".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the diced rutabagas in a saucepan and cover with water and 1/2 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil.
- 2Reduce heat and simmer until rutabagas are soft, about 20 minutes.
- 3Drain and mash the rutabagas.
- 4Meanwhile, soak the bread crumbs in the cream.
- 5To the cream add the nutmeg, 1 teaspoon salt and beaten eggs.
- 6Combine the cream mixture with the mashed rutabagas.
- 7Butter a 2-1/2 quart casserole dish.
- 8Turn the rutabagas into the casserole and dot with the butter.
- 9Bake at 350F for 1 hour or until lightly browned on top.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Finnish Rutabaga (Swedes) Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 123.2
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 96.8 mg
- Sodium 681.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 2.9 g