One of my favorite Christmas treats, and very popular with the Finnish community with coffee. I know,you're thinking prunes..ewww...but they are very good. (the bake time does not include the overnight dough chill time).
- Blend dough ingredients with pastry blender.
- Add milk to soften as needed.
- Should make into 4 small or 2 large balls.
- Cover and chill dough overnight.
- Cook the prunes in water until soft.
- Press prunes through wire strainer or pureed in blender.
- Add the sugar and mix well.
- Roll out dough into large square in order to cut into 3 inch square Place a mound of filling in the center.
- Split each corner from the top to within 1/2 inch of the center.
- Fold one half of each corner to the center-- to form a star or pinwheel.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet- you may sprinkle croase grain sugar over tart.
- Let stand 10 minutes before baking.
- Bake in hot oven 400*F for 7 to 10 minutes- until light golden brown (they should be realitively pale).
- Remove and cool on rack.