Recipe by HokiesMom
Posted for ZWT6 Scandinavian Region - Finland. I posted a similar recipe to this but it called for making your own "cream of wheat" first and then the pancake. This is similar in that it bakes in the oven but seems a bit simpler. I want to try both methods and thought it worth posting this one too. There are 3 other recipes for this recipe but they do not include all the ingredients I found on scandinavianfoods.com recipe site. Prepare to let the batter rest 30 minutes prior to baking (I included it in the prep time). Use any seasonal fresh fruit to top this warm pancake for a lovely dessert.
Top Review by Baby Kato
I love pancakes and this one is delicious, simply delicious. Really enjoyed the zest and vanilla combo in the pancake. It was perfect, soft, tender and very flavorful. Perfect served with whipped cream and lightly sweetened fresh strawberries. I scaled down for one, it worked perfectly. Thanks for sharing another wonderful recipe.
- 6 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (optional or adjust to your personal taste preferences)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 cup cream, whipped until stiff peaks form
- fresh fruit, fruit compote or sauteed apple
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, sugar, and vanilla until creamy. Stir in grated lemon zest.
- Sift together flour, salt, and baking powder and stir into egg mixture. Allow batter to rest for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450º. When pancake batter has rested, place butter in a 12" (or close to) oven-proof frying pan. Place pan in oven and allow butter to melt without browning. Once your butter has melted, remove pan from oven and use pastry brush to coat surface and side of pan evenly with the melted butter.
- Pour pancake batter into the hot, buttered pan and return to oven. Bake for 15 minutes, or until puffed and golden.
- Serve with whipped cream and fresh fruit, fruit compote, or lightly sautéed apples.