This is quintessential Finnish home food. Kids love this with ketchup.
Make and share this Finnish Macaroni Bake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Fry onion and ground beef until onion is soft and the beef is brown.
- Boil the macaroni al dente (it will still cook in the oven).
- Mix the pasta, beef and onion, season with salt and pepper and put in a shallow oven dish.
- Mix the milk and eggs together, pour on the pasta mixture. It should just cover everything.
- Bake in the oven for about an hour.
Very bland. I added veggies and had to add a bunch of cheese, which turned it into a totally different recipe, but tasted better.
This is a nice dish to use your pantry items. I added panko and a little butter to the top. We didn't go for the ketchup - it just didn't seem right somehow!! Thanks for the recipe!
Made this for part of zaar world tour 2. It had good flavor but even after adding more broth halfway thru the cooking and covering it this was very very dry.