These easy-to-make rolled out spicy ginger cookies was originally printed in The Finnish Cookbook. Although the recipe specifies to cut them in 3-inch rounds, they are also great cut in different shapes for the holiday season.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, beat together molasses, brown sugar and butter until mixture is smooth.
- 2Add cream, ginger, cinnamon, flour, baking powder, salt (if using).
- 3Continue beating until dough is stiff.
- 4Chill dough.
- 5Roll out small portions of dough to 1/4-inch thickness.
- 6Cut into 3-inch rounds (or if you prefer other shapes).
- 7Bake in 375-degree F oven for 8-10 minutes.
- 8Be careful--do not overbrown these cookies.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Finnish Gingersnaps
Serving Size: 1 (907 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 58.8
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 6.7 mg
- Sodium 19.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 0.7 g