Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
These easy-to-make rolled out spicy ginger cookies was originally printed in The Finnish Cookbook. Although the recipe specifies to cut them in 3-inch rounds, they are also great cut in different shapes for the holiday season.
- In a large bowl, beat together molasses, brown sugar and butter until mixture is smooth.
- Add cream, ginger, cinnamon, flour, baking powder, salt (if using).
- Continue beating until dough is stiff.
- Chill dough.
- Roll out small portions of dough to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Cut into 3-inch rounds (or if you prefer other shapes).
- Bake in 375-degree F oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Be careful--do not overbrown these cookies.
What a great recipe! These are wonderful "dunkers" in a cup of tea. Thanks for posting. PS I did scorch the first pan a bit but that was my fault not the recipe's =)
Great recipe - even our Finnish friends enjoyed it at our Boxing Day dinner (reminds them of home). However, it'd do with a little more ginger- next time I try this, it'd be with 2 or more tablespoon of ginger. Yums!
i made these cookies for a project at school this week and they where the worst cookies ever! i usually will eat anything gingerbread but i couldnt eat these without gagging. i dont know if it was me or the recipe though so maybe youll like them