Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a very easy bread recipe. And isn't it nice to have homemade bread?
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Cut in shortning, until course crumbs.
- Add milk; mix just until dough is wet.
- Knead on floured surface 5-6 times.
- Pat onto ungreased 12in pizza pan.
- Bake at 350* for 30 minutes, until golden.
Great with Finnish Summer Soup!
A solid recipe. The texture was good but nothing absolutely amazing about the bread. It could be used for dipping in soups maybe. It reminded me a bit of pita bread.