Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Kurkku Tilli Salaati.Posted for ZWT VI.Chilling time not included.
Make and share this Finnish Cucumber Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cucumbers
- 1⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- 5 tablespoons water
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 1 dash white pepper (optional)
- Rinse the cucumbers. Do not peel, but score the skin by peeling the lines of a fork lengthwise through the peel.
- Slice cucumbers into very thin slices. Put into bowl with a lid.
- Mix the dressing ingredients.Pour over the cucumber slices and toss lightly.
- Cover with a lid and shake to coat evenly. Chill several hours to allow flavors to blend.
- It keeps well for days!
This is light and refreshing a nice side dish with our grilled salmon. I used fresh dill and cut back the sugar a little. Made for ZWT 6 by one of the Unrulies Under the Influence
A nice, light accompaniment to heavier main dishes. I sliced the cucumbers in the food processor. Made for ZWT 6.
Love it - simple & delicious. I cut back the vinegar & water each by 1 tbsp...smaller cucumbers, I didn't want them completely swimming. These kept very well, I made them a day ahead of a party and enjoyed them for the rest of the week. Thanks LM!