Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Cookies to give as gifts or to eat yourself.If you don't have a fluted pastry cutter you can use cookie cutters.
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2⁄3 cup finely chopped almonds
- colored crystal sugar (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in flour.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Roll out onto a well-floured surface to 1/4-in. thickness.
- Brush lightly with egg. Sprinkle with almonds and sugar if desired.
- Using a fluted pastry cutter or knife, cut into 2-in. x 1-in. strips.
- Place 1 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-12 minute or until lightly browned.
- Cool on wire racks.
Just like gramma told me they would be. Excellent taste and crispy cookie. Made a bunch and shared with our community. They are a big hit for something you might never have tried before.