3 hrs 20 mins
From my mother's recipes. She loved to bake and we loved to eat it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sprinkle yeast on the warm water, let stand for a few minutes; stir to blend.
- 2Stir in milk, sugar, salt, cardmon, eggs, and 2 cups of the flour; beat until smooth.
- 3Add 3 more cups of flour; beat until smooth.
- 4Stir in melted butter.
- 5Add enough of the remaining flour to make a soft dough which can be handled.
- 6Cover and let rest 15 minutes.
- 7Turn out on a floured board;knead until smooth and elastic.
- 8Place in greased bowl; turn greased side up. Cover with a damp towel.
- 9Let rise in a warm place until double in bulk - about 1 hour.
- 10Punch down.
- 11Cover and let rise again until almost doubled - about 1/2 hour.
- 12Turn out onto floured board and punch down again.
- 13Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- 14Divide into 3 equal parts to make 3 coffee cakes. Place coffee cakes on greased and floured cookie sheet to rise. IMPORTANT! after shaping breads, let rise about 20 minutes UNTIL PUFFY, NOT DOUBLED!
- 15Bake at 375 degrees F. for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Finnish Christmas Bread
Serving Size: 1 (112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 322.2
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 57.7 mg
- Sodium 201.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 11.2 g
- Protein 8.1 g