Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
A dense pound cake
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 drops almond extract
- 3 cups white flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Combine eggs, sour cream, sugar and almond extract.
- add mixed dry ingredients gradually.
- pour into a buttered bundt pan that has been dusted with granulated sugar or cookie crumbs.
- bake at 350F for about 1 hour.
- cool 5 - 10 minutes before turning out of pan.
- sprinkle with icing sugar before serving.
We usd a very close cousin to this cake as one of our wedding cakes. Great by itself or with a homemade jam and or whipped cream schlag on the side (to the taste of the eater)
A very moist, tasty cake - easy to put together. This got the Emergency Room seal of approval and many requests for the recipie. This one's a keeper