Recipe by mersaydees
Based on a recipe from Karen Berg Douglas' book, Scandinavian Sweet Treats.
Top Review by TheKnottyTool
Tried these the other day and was blown away! Delicate and just sweet enough. I think next time I will add just a little orange zest and see how it does. This is the perfect addition to nearly any hot tea.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and cardamon.
- In another bowl, beat egg until frothy.
- Beat sugar and butter into egg. Mix well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Mix until batter is smooth.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased and floured cookie sheet.
- Bake in 350° oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until brown.