Recipe by Acerast
An interesting dish from Florence Schwartz's "Vegetable Cooking of All Nations (1973). I've not tried it and am posting for ZWT3.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 head cabbage, shredded
- 1 small onion
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- parsley, finely chopped, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pan melt the butter and add the cabbage and onion.
- Cook the vegetables, turning with a fork, until they are limp but not browned.
- Add the water, tomatoes, salt, caraway seed, and sugar.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot, garnished with parsley.