Prep 3 hrs
Cook 30 mins
Found in Dec/Jan 1996 issue of Taste of Home, submitted by Audrey Thibodeau.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup plus 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄3 cup ground almonds
- Cream butter and 1/4 cups sugar.
- Stir in almond extract.
- Add 1 1/4 cups flour and mix well.
- Knead in remaining 3/4 cups flour.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- Roll out onto a lightly floured surface to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut with a 1 1/2-2 inch cookie cutter.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Beat egg white until foamy and brush over cookies.
- Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons sugar and almonds.
- Bake at 350 F until lightly browned, about 7-8 minutes.