Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I came across this recipe in an article about Finnish cuisine and it sounded good so I had to try it. It is a very rich, buttery cake flavoured with cardamon and cinnamon, wonderful with a cup of coffee or tea.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup whipping cream
- fruit sugar (to garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a 10-inch Bundt pan.
- In a bowl, stir together the flour, cardamom, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda.
- In a larger bowl, combine the butter and sugar.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat until just blended.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Beat in the whipping cream, alternating with the flour mixture until just blended.
- Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes until the tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool 5 to 10 minutes in the pan; turn out onto a rack.
- Sprinkle the top with fruit sugar.
- Let cool.
Excellent and flavorful! Thankyou for sharing such a fantastic recipe! xo LA :-)
Hey there! I got bored the other nite and was craving some cardamom so I made this cake. It was very good, just not as moist as I would like but the flavor was still yummy. I enjoyed the cinnamon and the cardamom together. Thanks!