1 hr 10 mins
I came across this recipe in an article about Finnish cuisine and it sounded good so I had to try it. It is a very rich, buttery cake flavoured with cardamon and cinnamon, wonderful with a cup of coffee or tea.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- 2Lightly grease a 10-inch Bundt pan.
- 3In a bowl, stir together the flour, cardamom, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda.
- 4In a larger bowl, combine the butter and sugar.
- 5Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat until just blended.
- 6Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- 7Beat in the whipping cream, alternating with the flour mixture until just blended.
- 8Pour into the prepared pan.
- 9Bake 50 to 60 minutes until the tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 10Let cool 5 to 10 minutes in the pan; turn out onto a rack.
- 11Sprinkle the top with fruit sugar.
- 12Let cool.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Finnish Butter Cake
Serving Size: 1 (99 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 453.5
- Calories from Fat 221
- Total Fat 24.6 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 138.3 mg
- Sodium 116.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 33.5 g
- Protein 5.3 g