Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is my version of the Moosewood "Sunday" Mustikkapiiras. I love blackberries so replaced the original blueberries with these. I tend to use a good Greek yoghurt for this also.
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups blackberries
- Grease and flour a 9 inch pie tin.
- Heat oven at 350 deg F.
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Add the egg and mix well.
- sift the flour and baking powder together and then add to the wet ingredients to make a soft dough.
- Pat dough into pie tin and spread dough around the bottom and sides.
- Mix the filling[except for the berries] until smooth.
- Arrange the berries into the pie dish on the dough then cover with the filling mixture.
- Bake for 60 minutes until the crust is golden brown and the custard is set.
Can I give six stars? I would if I could. This was delicious, easy to make, and pretty darn healthy (I made it like a custard, no crust). I used nonfat yogurt, didn't drain it, and mixed about half the sugar with the berries and some cinnamon. I will make this again with other fruit too.
Very light and a little tangy. I used 1/2 blackberries and 1/2 raspberries. I used regular full fat yogurt (didn't remove any liquid) and it set up great.
I thought this was great, very fresh and light and not too sweet, I don't usually like pies but I could even eat this one for breakfast.