Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This was emailed to me from Taste of Home. It sounded very cool and comforting for hot weather when berries are in season. Enjoy!
- In a large heat-proof bowl, combine the fruit with 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- In a saucepan, combine the cornstarch and juice until smooth; bring to a boil and cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove for heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes; pour the mixture over the fruit tossing to coat.
- Sprinkle with remaining sugar, cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- To serve, spoon the fruit into individual dessert dishes and top with frozen yogurt if desired.
I had picked up blueberries, strawberries and raspberries at the Farmers Market, so I just had to make this recipe. We did add the yogurt, I cut back on the sugar as we don't like things too sweet. Made for ZWT9.
Delicious. I was using what I had so I was not able to add strawberries this time. I used the fresh blueberries and raspberries, a little less tapioca starch in place of cornstarch to be corn free, Allens apple juice, plus the sugar and served them with homemade vanilla yogurt. Made for ZWT7 Switzerland, for my team Food.Commandos
Delicious! I didn't really measure the berries when I prepared this and I only used 2 tbsp of sugar as I find berries to be sweet on their own. The glaze was very quick and simple to make and added a lot of flavour to this delightful dessert. Made for ZWT7