Recipe by PaulaG
This was emailed to me from Taste of Home. It sounded very cool and comforting for hot weather when berries are in season. Enjoy!
Top Review by morgainegeiser
I had picked up blueberries, strawberries and raspberries at the Farmers Market, so I just had to make this recipe. We did add the yogurt, I cut back on the sugar as we don't like things too sweet. Made for ZWT9.
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries, rinsed and drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh strawberries, rinsed, hulled and quartered
- 1 cup fresh raspberry
- 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsweetened apple-raspberry juice or 1 1⁄2 cups unsweetened apple juice
- vanilla frozen yogurt (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large heat-proof bowl, combine the fruit with 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- In a saucepan, combine the cornstarch and juice until smooth; bring to a boil and cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove for heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes; pour the mixture over the fruit tossing to coat.
- Sprinkle with remaining sugar, cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- To serve, spoon the fruit into individual dessert dishes and top with frozen yogurt if desired.