- 200 ml rice
- 4 ml water
- 1 1⁄4 liters milk
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 2 onions
- 50 g butter
- 100 ml raisins
- 4 tablespoons syrup
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 egg
- 300 g beef liver, ground (or finely chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 175°C.
- Boil the rice in the water and milk until the rice is done - not all the liquid is vaporised, you should end up with a watery mixture. Cool.
- Chop the onions finely and fry until soft.
- In the cooled down rice-milk mixture, mix in the liver, onions, egg, raisins and the spices. The mixture should still be quite runny.
- Pour the mixture into a buttered shallow oven dish, put some knobs of butter on top.
- Bake for 1-1,5 h until brown.
- This would traditionally be served with lingonberry jam, but any red tart jam like cranberry should be good.