1/1 Photo of Finnish Beef Liver Bake
1 hr 45 mins
This is a traditional Finnish home food using beef liver. Incredients may sound a bit odd, but especially if you like liver it's very nice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 175°C.
- 2Boil the rice in the water and milk until the rice is done - not all the liquid is vaporised, you should end up with a watery mixture. Cool.
- 3Chop the onions finely and fry until soft.
- 4In the cooled down rice-milk mixture, mix in the liver, onions, egg, raisins and the spices. The mixture should still be quite runny.
- 5Pour the mixture into a buttered shallow oven dish, put some knobs of butter on top.
- 6Bake for 1-1,5 h until brown.
- 7This would traditionally be served with lingonberry jam, but any red tart jam like cranberry should be good.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Finnish Beef Liver Bake
Serving Size: 1 (569 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 615.0
- Calories from Fat 214
- Total Fat 23.8 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 142.2 mg
- Sodium 2016.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 23.4 g
- Protein 17.6 g