Prep 6 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is my Great-Grandma Finney's recipe.
Make and share this Finney Family Rhubarb Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 354.88 ml brown sugar
- 118.29 ml butter
- 1 egg
- 473.18 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 354.88 ml rhubarb, cut into chunks
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml walnuts (or pecans)
- 14.79 ml melted butter
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream together brown sugar, butter and egg. Add the flour, baking soda, salt, sour cream and rhubarb, mixing well.
- Mix together the topping ingredients (sugar, walnuts, melted butter and cinnamon) and sprinkle over top of cake.
- Grease & flour a 9x13 pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes.
Made this with Little Miss (DD) today and it worked out well. I had to leave it in the oven for about one hour as it was too soft in the middle. It tasted so nice, Little Miss picked off the nuts because we are avoiding giving her nuts until she turns 7 due to nut allergies in the family but she still loved it. Thank you Mom2Rose