Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
This is a very old, very Canadian Recipe. When I was little it was one of my favorites. Finnan haddie is dried smoked & salted Haddock. I have used dried salt Cod also and both are very nice
- 1⁄2 lb finnan haddie
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups cubed cooked potatoes
- In a shallow baking dish cover Finan haddie with milk.
- Let Stand 1 hour.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Drain, reserving liquid and separate into flakes.
- In a saucepan melt butter. Blend in flour until smooth.
- Gradually stir in reserved milk.
- Cook stirring constantly until thickened.
- Blend in eggs.
- Add reserved fish and potatoes, stirring occaionally until fish is heated through.
- Serve in soup bowls.